Dental emergencies can occur at any time and can be uncomfortable and distressing. A dentist specializing in after-hours care for these types of situations is known as an emergency dentist.
Any scenario requiring immediate treatment to reduce pain, control bleeding, or prevent tooth loss is considered an emergency. These problems can range in intensity from minor to severe and occur at any moment.
To prevent more damage and relieve discomfort, getting care from a dental expert as soon as possible is critical if you have a dental emergency.
When Should I See an Emergency Dentist?
If you are going through any of the following, you should seek out our emergency dentist near you as soon as possible:
- Severe dental pain or discomfort: Significant dental pain or discomfort in the teeth, gums, or jaw may indicate an emergency dental situation.
- Broken or knocked-out teeth: It’s critical to see an emergency dentist right away if you have any teeth that are broken, chipped, or knocked out. It can help in preserving the tooth and averting further damage.
- Heavy bleeding or swelling in the mouth: Heavy bleeding or swelling in the mouth may indicate that you have an emergency dental situation.
- Loose or missing crowns or fillings: If you have a lost or missing crown or filling, you should seek emergency dental care to avoid additional harm to the tooth.
- Signs of an oral infection: It’s critical to get quick dental care if you have any oral infection symptoms, such as fever, swelling, or pus.
Other dental emergencies might include:
- Damaged braces.
- Fractures to the jaw.
- Things wedged between teeth that are impossible to clean out with floss.
What Services Do Emergency Dentists Provide?
To address dental emergencies, emergency dentists offer a variety of dental services, such as:
- Tooth extraction: An emergency dentist may advise a tooth extraction if a tooth is seriously decayed or infected to stop additional damage and relieve discomfort.
- Root canal therapy: An emergency dentist may perform a root canal to remove the damaged pulp and preserve the tooth if the pulp within a tooth becomes infected or inflamed.
- Dental restoration: To restore the function and appearance of a damaged or broken tooth, an emergency dentist may offer dental restoration therapies, including fillings, crowns, or bridges.
- Treatment for oral infections: If you have an infection in your mouth, an emergency dentist may advise taking antibiotics or performing treatment to remove the affected tissue.
- Pain relief: To lessen the suffering brought on by dental crises, emergency dentists might prescribe pain medication.
How Can I Find an Emergency Dentist in Country Hills?
Finding an emergency dentist can be done in a few different ways:
- Your regular dentist might be able to recommend you to a trustworthy dentist near you or provide emergency dental treatments themselves.
- Online searches can be used to find local emergency dentistry. Before making an appointment, read reviews and verify the dentist’s credentials.
- A list of local emergency dentistry in Country Hills may be available through your local dental organization.
- Consult with friends, relatives, and coworkers to get suggestions for emergency dentists they’ve used.
At NorthPointe Dental Clinic, we offer emergency dentistry treatments since we realize that these problems may arise anytime. Our skilled and caring staff is committed to providing timely and efficient care to reduce suffering and prevent additional harm. Whether you’re dealing with a toothache, a fractured tooth, or a tooth that has been knocked out, our dentist near you can help.
Our mission is to give you the best service possible in a cozy and friendly setting. Contact us immediately for rapid and efficient care if you have a dental emergency.